Saturday 3 May 2008

Welcome

Hi there and welcome,

I guess if you've arrived at this page, then either you (or someone you know) must have been diagnosed with "Dyspraxia" and are probably wondering if there is a cure ...or will it just go away.

I can only speak from my experiences and feelings of what it is like having a son who was diagnosed with Dyspraxia at the age of 4. He's 21 in a couple of week's time. So as you can imagine there have been quite a few stories over the last 17 years of what it has been like for him and the rest of our family ... Dealing with Dyspraxia.

If you haven't already come across this link then this is a good place to get an understanding of what help is available
http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/


All children are unique but I remember how I felt wondering what the road ahead was going to be like for my son. So I thought this might be a useful guide for parents, relatives and friends of children who show signs of dyspraxia.

If it is of interest please post your comments below.

Thanks

Des

3 comments:

Shane H. said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my ADHD & LD Blog. I think a blog dedicated to Dyspraxia is a wonderful idea! I've bookmarked you and will return often. Once you have more content, I will add your link to my blog.

Claire said...

thank you so much for this - our daughter (age 4) has just been diagnosed. Suddenly a lot of her behaviour makes sense! So wonderful to hear about it from the other end of the journey to adulthood. And to hear such a positive outcome.

Thank you for writing this
Claire (Reading)

SilverFoxBlue said...

Hi Claire

You're very welcome.

I hope it helps.

We live about 10 miles from Reading. So I'm sure you enjoyed the unusually warm sunshine this afternoon. Must be that volcanic ash !


And drop me a line if you want to ask anymore questions

fox_desmond@hotmail.com

Take care

Des